To better support international and out-of-province students, York University has partnered with the keep.meSAFE Student Support Program (SSP) to offer a host of resources, including:
- Confidential support to students at no cost through the My SSP App.
- 24/7 real-time support via chat and telephone available anywhere in the world.
- Access to real-time and appointment-based counselling support in multiple languages by native speakers.
- Self-help resources available via the My SSP App on managing finances, mental health and wellbeing, building healthy habits, productivity and more.
- My SSP App language options in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese.
The program is available online through the keep.meSAFE website, but the mobile app is super convenient. Here’s how to download the free My SSP App
Scan the QR Code to download the My SSP App
- Download the My SSP App from the App Store or Google Play or by scanning the QR code above.
- Complete your personal profile and select your app language preference.
- Enable important app notifications regarding new in-app content, as well as new support offerings.
- Use the My SSP App to call or chat with a counsellor anytime, anywhere or access additional resources.
The My SSP App can help with resources that address managing stress due to financial challenges, dealing with feeling lonely or homesick, facing tensions at home, harbouring suicidal tendencies, adjusting to life in Canada, and more. The app can also help you build time management skills, manage anxiety about a public speaking assignment, deal with upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance and find answers to concerns about postgraduation plans.