You are eligible for Student Counselling & Development (SCD) if you are a York University student who is currently registered and enrolled in courses (or a graduate student working on other academic requirements). If you are taking a term off you may request a one-time consultation with a counsellor in order to obtain suggestions regarding possible referrals in the community.

Glendon students can access Student Counselling & Development at CDS Glendon site, Glendon Hall E103, 416-487-6709.

After meeting with an Intake Counsellor, the offer of further service through SCD is dependent on a number of variables including, but not limited to those listed below.  In all cases our ultimate objective is to determine how best to serve our clients.  In many cases that will mean the offer of services as soon as possible through SCD.  However, if our professional judgment suggests that due to clinical or ethical considerations a client would be served best elsewhere, we will attempt to provide appropriate suggestions and referrals.

Please note: Even if you think that you fall into one of the categories below and may be ineligible for ongoing service, we encourage you to come for an intake appointment as we may be able to help you in other ways and/or provide referrals to more appropriate services.

  • We do not provide all types of counselling services.  If a student’s concerns are beyond the capacity of this office to effectively treat, they may  be denied service and  be referred to another counselling service
  • We work on a relatively short-term model and may need to refer a student to another service equipped to handle longer-term treatment
  • At certain times of the year, due to excessive demand on our services, we may refer students to an outside agency better able to meet with them on a more timely basis
  • We reserve the right to deny further services to any individual who abuses or misuses services in any manner We see our clients on a voluntary basis and do not provide counselling for those who seek services for court-ordered or forensically-oriented treatment